Employment Opportunities at Bergen Counseling Center
Thriving Private Practice, Plentiful Referrals, Supportive Environment
Who we are looking for
You have always felt passionate about helping others. We share that passion and want to empower you as a clinician to provide the highest possible care to clients through your unique voice and skill-set. We are in search of a licensed clinician to become a part of our mental health care team. Bergen Counseling Center has an exciting opportunity for you to join our private practice.
Who we are
The Bergen Counseling Center was established in 2010 and has been a thriving multi-disciplinary private practice for the past 7 years. We provide individual, couples, and family therapy to clients of all ages. The guiding principles of our practice for both our clients and clinicians alike can be described in three words: Explore, Understand, & Grow. Our core values are to support your exploration of clinical skills and opportunities as a therapist, understand yourself as a clinician, and grow as a therapist in ways that are meaningful to you. Our mission is to provide psychological services which promote individual growth and psychological health to our clients. Each therapist at BCC has their own unique approach to counseling, however, we share a common goal of providing quality, effective, empathic treatment to the whole person. Psychological treatment at BCC is grounded in researched based interventions and theories and are delivered in an ethical manner, always with respect for the client.
What we offer you
Being a therapist at BCC means you will have the support to do what you are passionate about: provide effective counseling to your clients. Administrative duties including billing and accounting will be done for you so you can focus on caring for your clients. Additionally, we will promote and market you and your unique skills and specialty areas to build your caseload to meet your goals. You will have the option of participating in networking activities to build a strong community of referrals and grow in your professional development. We also will offer you developmental outreach opportunities to share psychologically healthy programming to the community. At BCC, we are driven to be a force of positive change for the individuals in our community. If you would like to join our mission of providing compassionate and effective psychological services in a supportive environment, send your resume and a cover letter so we can learn more about you.
Positions Available: Full-Time Psychotherapist/Psychologist
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, provide individual, couples, and family counseling to a diverse client population in a private practice setting. Supervision provided if necessary.
Key qualifications include:
- Education Requirements: Master’s degree or Doctorate degree in Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Counseling, or related field.
- Licensure Requirements: Illinois Licensed LPC, LSW, MFT, LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, PsyD, or PhD
- Professional Requirements: Malpractice Insurance – $1,000,000/$3,000,000
Successful candidates for the position will have:
- Extensive experience and training providing individual, couples, and family therapy.
- Firm foundation and knowledge in theory of choice.
- Ability to complete required paperwork for billing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to complete and maintain all clinical records.
- Ability to represent Bergen Counseling Center in a consistently ethical and professional manner.
What We Provide:
- Full integration into www.bergencounselingcenter.com
- Professional headshots for marketing purposes
- Profile on Psychology Today (plus additional sites)
- Business Cards
- Business email address
- Billing services
- Client Referrals
- Networking opportunities
- Credit card processing and accounting services for your clients
- Credentialing on insurance panels for fully licensed clinicians
- Comfortable and tastefully decorated office space
- Office supplies needed for completion of paperwork
- Materials for therapy interventions as needed
- Wi-Fi access
- Coffee/Tea/Water service for clients
- Available case consultation and/or supervision
- Competitive compensation
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the online job application form below and upload resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position. All files must be in PDF format. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered for employment. Applicants MUST hold current IL licensure for consideration.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit proof of degree, license, and professional malpractice insurance, and will be required to maintain these qualifications.